Summer time in South Carolina can get hot. Sometimes a big veggie plate is just right on those sweltering days. Here's a recipe that is easy to customize. Don't have quinoa? Substitute rice or farro. Same with your veggie choices. Hummus adds a nice dimension to the plate, as does sticky tofu and pickled carrots.
2) In a smaller saucepan, combine all other ingredients, whisk and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3) Drain the carrots and pour the simmered sauce over them. Let cool and then store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
2) Place tofu cubes in marinade for a few hours, or even overnight.
3) Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
4) Drain off the marinade from the tofu into a small saucepan. Spread the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the stove for about 35 minutes.
5) Add tofu to the saucepan and warm.
For the Veggie Plate - simply layer the greens on the plate, add all of your ingredients on top of the greens, and put the hummus in the middle. Add you favorite dressing and enjoy!
Check in often for upcoming events, news, recipes and more.