Summer time in South Carolina can get hot. Sometimes a big veggie plate is just right on those sweltering days. Here's a recipe that is easy to customize. Don't have quinoa? Substitute rice or farro. Same with your veggie choices. Hummus adds a nice dimension to the plate, as does sticky tofu and pickled carrots.
2) In a smaller saucepan, combine all other ingredients, whisk and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3) Drain the carrots and pour the simmered sauce over them. Let cool and then store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
2) Place tofu cubes in marinade for a few hours, or even overnight.
3) Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
4) Drain off the marinade from the tofu into a small saucepan. Spread the tofu on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the stove for about 35 minutes.
5) Add tofu to the saucepan and warm.
For the Veggie Plate - simply layer the greens on the plate, add all of your ingredients on top of the greens, and put the hummus in the middle. Add you favorite dressing and enjoy!